Saturday, September 17, 2011

Water for elephants

I love reading storybooks...Its one way of an escapism for me.By reading I am immersed in another world,a world where I like to be.
The first english book that I read was one of the Famous Five series-FIVE GOES TO MYSTERY MOOR by Enid Blyton.Although I didnt understand a single word but I continued reading them because I love reading.And as time went by I was hooked with english storybooks especially by Enid Blyton.From the faraway tree to land in the clouds to fairyland,to to the enchanted wood,the land of gnomes,the kids who solve mysteries-Five Find Outers,the life in boarding school of St Claires...I love every single of them!!!Those books took me away from my boring life in Malaysia and bring me to the english countryside.


I did not come from a rich family so the books I have were scarce so I ended up reading whatever I have at home again and again.And if I have extra cash I would buy from the second hand shop.I dont mind at all eventhough the book looks old but what is important is the content.Come to think of it if the book looks old it means that it has been read many times..and I like that..:)

Well..today I just finished the book WATER FOR ELEPHANTS BY SARA GRUEN.
It's about the circus life during the depression era America.It was a bit boring in the beginning probably coz I couldnt imagine what they were talking about.I mean I wasnt brought up in a circus so everything I read sounds foreign to me.There are lots of 'circus words and one of the new word that I've learnt today is menagerie- a place where they kept exotic animals for display.



Its a good book and I couldnt put it down once the story got interesting and intersting.They have made this story to a movie so today I am going to find a VCD of it at JuscoTebrau and also I need to find a new book to read at Popular book store.Hopefully the movie will give the same emotional impact to me as the book and I hope it wont be a dissapointment like Eat Pray Love mobvie..(I will talk about it later)
And as usual after each storybook I will ask myself this question-Will I read this book again?
My answer will be YES!!!You got to read it too...

Oh yes..I remembered one quote by Dorothy Parker:WOMEN AND ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET...how true it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment